News & Media
Read latest press releases and research findings.
Acquisition offers consumers a one-stop-shop for world class loss assistance and secure personal registration service
8 March 2010: Veda Advantage today announced its subsidiary business Secure Sentinel has acquired the business and membership base of secure registration service provider Card Alert and its sister company, EKKO Guardian.
AUCKLAND, 2 January 2010 - New Zealanders are urged to be especially vigilant over the summer holiday period as identity thieves step up their activities.
AUCKLAND, 1 December 2009 - New Zealanders are urged to step up their protection of personal items such as credit and eftpos cards and mobile phones as they head into the Christmas and summer holiday season.
17 September 2009: In the US an identity is stolen every two seconds; now identity theft is on the rise in New Zealand too.
21 May 2009: Veda Advantage today announced the proposed acquisition of personal security specialists Secure Sentinel, part of Vero Insurance Limited, a Suncorp Group company.
- Tips to protect yourself these holidays
- Spotlight on Secure Sentinel's passport service
- New forms of payment such as using your mobile phone or "wave and pay" technologies are highly convenient but are they putting you at risk of identity theft?
- Spotlight on Secure Sentinel financial card cancellation & re-issue assistance
- National Fraud and Identity Awareness Week - Tell us your story!
- New services for members
- Travel - Off the beaten track
- Beat identity thieves to the punch
- Reduce the risk of fraud, loss or theft during the festive season
- Improve your chances of recovering small valuable items such as cameras
- How to manage identity theft
- How to recognise a tourist rip off
- Where would you be without your phone?
- Help protect yourself against identity theft